Re: Simple default ISO generation fails

====================
sid build
If I don't include the 5 packages I mentioned, keeping my same wheezy
build platform to build a sid image, then it works. startpar does not
error and we are at the bash prompt

[i.e I change my script to add a
--distribution "sid" \
]

=====================
I've just (11:44GMT 19-Apr-2012) tried a
wheezy on wheezy with

lb config \
--binary-images hdd \
--archive-areas 'main contrib non-free' \
--mirror-bootstrap http://danny:3142/ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/ \
--mirror-chroot-security http://danny:3142/ftp.uk.debian.org/debian-security/ \
--mirror-chroot-backports
http://danny:3142/ftp.uk/debian.org/debian-backports/ \
--bootappend-live "hostname=foo username=bar persistent"

lb --version
live-build, version 3.0~a46-1

packages.chroot contains:

live-boot_3.0~a27-1_all.deb
live-boot-initramfs-tools_3.0~a27-1_all.deb
live-build_3.0~a46-1_all.deb
live-config_3.0~a37-1_all.deb

(but no systemd package thanks Ben). It works, with no startpar error
and user is correctly logged in.

Removing the entire build tree and building a new one from the script
above, but this time not adding 4 packages:

startpar: services(s) returned failure: live-boot ... failed!

However, I am now left with a bar@foo$ prompt.

This wasn't the case 1 week ago, but means I can abandon my
workaround. Could this be to do with Wheezy live-* packages not
getting propagated out?

tng