Re: Simple default ISO generation fails

On 19/04/12 07:37 AM, Daniel Ellison wrote:
> Was this ever resolved? I've been staying away because it was too
> frustrating not being able to create a Wheezy ISO with default
> configuration.
>
> As it was determined that the problem occurred for me on three different
> computers using an ISO created by Daniel Baumann, and that other people
> were having the same or similar issues, this must have been a true bug.

I have no reason to doubt the veracity of your report, but, though I
can't speak for the rest of the team, I personally haven't been able to
reproduce your results, so it's going to be pretty hard for the team to
resolve anything until the fault is isolated and made reproducible. If
we, having expended our best effort to reproduce the issue still can't
reproduce it, I guess we're relying on those with the problem to dig a
little deeper so we have something to go on.

That being said, as I composed this reply, I see Tim Gibbon has also
replied that using particular versions of live-* packages made it work
for him ... among those packages is the systemd backend for live-config.
I'm puzzled by that suggestion because you state above that the problem
occurs with 'default configuration', and afaik, sysvinit is still the
default. My question to Tim would be, "what does systemd have to do with
startpar?"

Thanks,
Ben