Re: Networkcard what needs firmware

On 03/31/2012 07:16 PM, Paul van der Vlis wrote:
> Are not all packages from Debian non-free distributable in the US?
> Strange, never heard of that.

they are, but necessarily together.

e.g. while e.g. both

  $packages_from_main + $package_x_from_non-free

and

  $packages_from_main + $package_y_from_non-free

is allowed by the respective licenses of x and y,

  $packages_from_main + $package_x_from_non-free +
  $package_y_from_non-free

not necessarily is.

> And I think creating an individual image for somebody is not
> "distribution" (but I am not a lawyer). I think it's the same as
> installing it for somebody on his computer.

'to distribute' means, that you're granting access to someone or
offering to grant access to someone.

--
Address:        Daniel Baumann, Donnerbuehlweg 3, CH-3012 Bern
Email:          daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net