Re: support of writable disk

On 03/22/2012 11:12 AM, Olivier Sallou wrote:
> What I mean here is the generation of a Debian image like usb-hdd, for
> virtualization, but where the image is writable, not read-only.

yes, sort-of a release goal for me for wheezy, and we're half there.

first, you will have to tell lb that you're not building a live image
(by using --initramfs none).

second, we need partitionioning information (partman recipies
preferably) to allow users to choose the partitioning of the resulting
image (could potentially be hairy).

and third, we need wrappers in lb arround libguestfs to write the
different image formats (vmware, virtualbox, qemu, etc.; quite simple).

--
Address:        Daniel Baumann, Donnerbuehlweg 3, CH-3012 Bern
Email:          daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net