Re: CGI builder task list: what tasks are legal?

On 1/12/2012 3:49 PM, Richard Nelson wrote:

Thanks for the URL.  After seeing how that works, I realize that I would be
asking for a new package-list consisting of a single package,
science-numericalcomputation, just to make more room in the
cgipackages.list.chroot string where I am running out of space.  That would
probably be a hard sell.  A better solution would be to increase the maximum
string length in cgipackages.list.chroot for the CGI builder, if there is
any easy way to do that.

What size do you need?

Doubling or quadrupling the existing maximum string size would be nice. There are ways to deal with oversize command lines in linux, but as far as I know they won't work with the CGI online builder, which imposes its own limitations.

I am happy enough with the existing configuration, which allows me to build an iso that is better customized to my needs than any prebuilt linux-live distro I can find, but there are a number of additional small packages I would toss in if I could.