Re: E: Unable to locate package lightdm

On 01/05/2012 10:03 AM, Michael . wrote:
> I do understand things may not work but I didn't expect LB not to be
> able to find a package I had manually placed within the config
> structure.

it finds it if you put it in the right location; i presume you were
using lb3 and put it in the old location for lb2 (old:
config/chroot_local-packages; new: config/packages.chroot).

> I tried a different build just yesterday using Wheezy, I
> added the repositories for the MATE desktop environment (which is for
> wheezy) and got this error "E: Unable to locate package mate-core"

have you put the archive definitions in the right location? lb2 used
config/chroot_sources/foo.{binary,chroot} and
config/chroot_sources/foo.{binary,chroot}.gpg, lb3 uses
config/archives/foo.{list,key}.{chroot,binary}

--
Address:        Daniel Baumann, Donnerbuehlweg 3, CH-3012 Bern
Email:          daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net