Re: issue with detecting the right interface

On Sat, 3 Sep 2011 20:33:49 -0700
Kash <melbogia@gmail.com> wrote:

> The autodiscovery seems to be flawed, in that if it finds a link on
> the wrong NIC, it tries to get a DHCP lease and gets stuck. We can
> always keep auto discovery in addition to this patch. For example, if
> there is a BOOTIF parameter, use this mechanism, otherwise use the
> auto discovery.

Yes it does appear to be flawed, given your experience.

I'd agree that both options would be desirable. The removed code does
seem to attempt to handle no response on a NIC by killing the non
responsive process.

I am curious why that portion of the code did not work.