Re: http://wiki.debian.org/DebianLive/Howto/USB

On 2011-04-14 08:30, Frank Lin PIAT wrote:
Hello Filipus,

My comment in the page changelog mentionned:
   "as decided by Debian-Live maintainer."

Daniel is maintaining both Debian-Live and it's documentation.
I can't think of anyone in a better position to decide if the page is
appropriate and/or useful (or if "this content is already in the manual")
Yes, I saw the comment I quoted. I have no doubt Daniel would have been in a good position to decide if the page was appropriate. My question was why the change was made. If you're simply doing the change on behalf of someone else, then please clearly indicate who that person is, and we'll ask that person.
FYI, Daniel wrote the manual, based on the content of the wiki. I
personally fully support the fact of moving/merging wiki content into
official documentation.
I fully agree and wish the official documentation had completely supplanted the wiki. The problem was that this was not the case at the time. Now that the issue is solved, please disregard this question.
Thank you for your contributions and efforts to make a better wiki,
Thank you. I appreciate your efforts to improve the wiki, mine are anecdotal in comparison. I know our Moin didn't always make it easy to put good edit comments, but we should be able to do better nowadays. And BTW, although I didn't reply to your last thread on "Supplementation pages", I fully back the idea, still.
Franklin

Filipus Klutiero wrote:
Hi Frank Lin,
74     2011-03-05 14:59:52     0     précédent     FranklinPiat     as
decided by Debian-Live maintainer.
why did you delete the DebianLive/Howto/USB wiki page?
There was discussion on this earlier after Daniel Baumann removed it,
see http://lists.debian.org/debian-live/2011/02/msg00088.html