Re: http://wiki.debian.org/DebianLive/Howto/USB

On 04/14/2011 03:23 PM, Ben Armstrong wrote:
> I got several compliments on
> the job, so I was left with the impression I succeeded.

indeed; you did all the major work on the manual and brought it up from
a collection of random inconsistent (and outdated) notes to a consistent
piece of quality that actually deserves the name of a manual. i'm very
grateful and many thanks again.

> It is highly
> annoying to have the whole issue dragged out again, this time pulling
> Franklin into the discussion for no reason (that I can tell) other than
> you still have a chip on your shoulder about the whole affair.

summarising the whole thing in one sentence:

  maintainers remove wiki page because it's merged into the manual, user
  says the page's content was better than what is now in the manual,
  but refrains from saying what was better.

as previously said, all users are welcome to do changes on the manual
directly as outlined in the manual itself.

for me, unless user does that, or if he/she preferes to not do the
commit on his/her own, doesn't come up with what *excately* should be
changed in his/her view, i simply don't care.

anything else is an extremely unrespectful way of wasting Ben, Franklins
and any other involved persons time.

--
Address:        Daniel Baumann, Donnerbuehlweg 3, CH-3012 Bern
Email:          daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net