Re: http://wiki.debian.org/DebianLive/Howto/USB

On 04/14/2011 09:30 AM, Frank Lin PIAT wrote:
> Hello Filipus,
>
> My comment in the page changelog mentionned:
>   "as decided by Debian-Live maintainer."
>
> Daniel is maintaining both Debian-Live and it's documentation.
> I can't think of anyone in a better position to decide if the page is
> appropriate and/or useful (or if "this content is already in the manual")
>
> FYI, Daniel wrote the manual, based on the content of the wiki. I
> personally fully support the fact of moving/merging wiki content into
> official documentation.

I'd like to add to that, since I having taken a leading role in looking
after liev-manual, that if you have a problem with the material
contained within the manual, the proper place to express that is through
the BTS, not through a revert war on the wiki. Furthermore, it's hard to
feel sympathetic towards the submitter a problem report when it is
executed in such an irritating fashion, against the wishes of the
maintainers. Nevertheless, I acknowledged that there was some mertit to
the suggestions and made some effort to correct the problem in our
documentation. While not perfect yet, I feel it is adequate to address
the underlying concern. I have not yet heard anything to the contrary,
not from you or any other user. In fact, I got several compliments on
the job, so I was left with the impression I succeeded. It is highly
annoying to have the whole issue dragged out again, this time pulling
Franklin into the discussion for no reason (that I can tell) other than
you still have a chip on your shoulder about the whole affair. So please
refrain from further fixation on the status of the wiki material and
help us get on with the business of making our official documentation
better.

Thanks,
Ben