Re: Can't boot live DVD Debian 6, KDE, 1GB

On 03/20/2011 10:58 PM, Ben Armstrong wrote:
> I know that live-boot *can* probe for drives and make use of them.
> Whether it does in this case, I'd have to delve into
> /usr/share/initramfs-tools/scripts/live. (Daniel could probably tell you
> quicker about this than I could.)

regardless from which type of media you boot from, the initrd needs to
find the rootfs, and therefore probes all devices until it finds the
live media with the rootfs on it.

if you know which device you're booting from, you can specify it at boot
prompt, see man live-boot.

Email:          daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net
Internet:       http://people.progress-technologies.net/~daniel.baumann/