Re: Can't boot live DVD Debian 6, KDE, 1GB

On 20/03/11 05:36 PM, dave boland wrote:
> Your response makes no sense to me.  A live CD does not use a hard
> drive, so why is it even looking for one, much less a slave?

I know that live-boot *can* probe for drives and make use of them.
Whether it does in this case, I'd have to delve into
/usr/share/initramfs-tools/scripts/live. (Daniel could probably tell you
quicker about this than I could.)

> I have no problem with addressing the situation to a wider Debian
> audience, but I already know how it will go -- contact the live cd
> group.  If you think otherwise, then tell me what the appropriate group
> is and I'll at least try.

If you were to test this with a non-live install, you would encounter
the same problem. If you take it to debian-user and they find that it is
a live problem, then yes, they'll send you back here. But in that case,
I'd like to know what evidence they found that it is a live problem. So
far, all we have is this error message, which does not seem to relate to
Debian Live in any way that I can see.

Ben