Re: Can't include scientific packages using online CGI builder

Greetings,

On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 11:51 PM, carolus <worwor@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> On 3/12/2011 8:05 PM, Richard Nelson wrote:
>
>> Well the mailers serve an important purpose of notification that the
>> requested build is complete. The estimated time is between 5 and 20
>> minutes, but, the times can run longer and since the builds are
>> serialized, should you hit a time when builds get spooled up you can
>> wait longer. So I ask again that you try from another email address
>> since I do receive the email notifications.
>
> I've tried both from a .net domain and from a .edu domain, but they are
> probably both served by AT&T since that is the only carrier I know of in
> this state.  I'm not getting the mail notifications at either address.
> Perhaps the debian server is either blacklisted or not whitelisted by AT&T.

I looked up in the mail log, which is probably where I should have
started, and found this on todays log:

2011-03-13 11:20:54 1Pyo2H-0001lI-TB ** worwor@bellsouth.net
R=dnslookup T=remote_smtp: SMTP error from remote mail server after
initial connection: host gateway-f1.isp.att.net [204.127.217.16]:
550-204.27.57.154 blocked by ldap:ou=rblmx,dc=att,dc=net\n550 Error -
Blocked for abuse. See http://att.net/blocks

But in doing a bit of looking around I found a setting that should
have been updated when we switched from live-helper to live-build. So
I have updated on my side. If you would be so kind as to try once more
to see if this assists in getting mailers to you and report back.

>  In an effort to assist
>>
>> you, I attempt to list your recent builds.
>
> I think I've identified that problem. I was bookmarking the page with "Your
> build will be available at: <URL>" in order to remember the output URL, but
> each time that I referenced that page, it apparently resubmitted the job and
> created a new URL, so I never had a URL that worked. I only noticed that the
> URL was changing when I started using a script to automate the download.
>
>> If your selections would be valuable for others, you could submit a
>> wishlist bug to add a specific list or append these packages to
>> debian-science.
>
> Thanks.  I hadn't heard of debian-science. All the packages of interest to
> me build with the "standard" core and so now I'm experimenting to see where
> conflicts arise when packages are used in combination. I suppose that build
> failures are most likely due to bugs in the packages, but I have no
> experience with debian package management to know how often to expect bugs.
> I can't tell from the log files whether a failure results from a package
> bug, a debian-live bug, or a built-in constraint.

It is always best if the party attempting the build can attempt to
confirm on a local build to reproduce the error. The l-b.cgi interface
is not an all inclusive vehicle for live-build, just an attempt to
utilize live-build to make the world better and your life easier one
build at a time.

Thanks.