Re: Can't include scientific packages using online CGI builder

On 3/11/2011 6:21 PM, Richard Nelson wrote:
 I'm having
trouble connecting to your server. When I was able to download a build, it
often appeared later than the expected 5-20 min,

The above can happen if you show up with large build or hit a busy
time on the build server.

and often disappeared well before the posted 24 h.

Not sure about the above statement. In general if anything sometimes
builds get kept longer than intended.

The build is presumably there, but I seem to be getting intermittent failures to connect to the URL, which makes it appear to have disappeared.
?

Try to figure out why you are not getting mailers. Perhaps if you have
another email you could try.

OK, but mail notification is a minor problem. I get the URL immediately from the web site upon submitting the job, and do not need the mail for that. The more serious problem is failure to connect to that URL. The mail would serve only to verify that the job ran and to report success or failure, independent of connection to the URL.

  Is there any obvious reason why not to include
all of octave3.2, r-base-core, and maxima?

Not sure what you ask here and so I assume you are talking about
package lists. If the said packages are not in a list and they are in
the main archive, then  you can just add them on --packages .

That is what I meant. I was asking because I do not know the intent, capabilities, and constraints of the on-line builder, other than what I can infer from trial and error, and so I did not know whether this was a reasonable goal. I'm not sure exactly what you mean by the "main archive". Using the online debian package search, they seem to be in a standard-looking directory. I see now that octave works, and I think the other packages were in the same place. There must be some kind of size constraint, but I presume that is pretty big.

 If you
believe they would be valuable in a given package list, then you could
file a bug report.

No, this is just for a custom build. Unless you want to add a scientific and engineering version.