Re: validateroot [Was: Grml.org patch bomb]
- To: grml development mailinglist <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: validateroot [Was: Grml.org patch bomb]
- From: intrigeri <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2011 15:54:17 +0200
- Message-id: <[🔎] email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org> (intrigeri's message of "Tue, 02 Aug 2011 23:21:17 +0200")
- References: <2011-07-26T23email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <2011-07-28T13email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
intrigeri wrote (02 Aug 2011 21:21:17 GMT) :
> Michael Prokop wrote (28 Jul 2011 12:01:21 GMT) :
>> * intrigeri [Thu Jul 28, 2011 at 11:43:13AM +0200]:
>>> > 10_validateroot.patch
>>> I like defensive programming, but I fear this one might serve to hide
>>> a problem you encountered with scripts/live not dealing with some kind
>>> of particular case. Is this live-bottom script here just in case,
>> If live-boot finds a "wrong" file system that looks OK for
>> live-boot then the error message can be pretty confusing.
>> Though I don't like the check for /sbin/init neither, so
>> feel free to ignore this patch (and we'd investigate on that
> Ok. I see the need for it, and I may see why you don't like it.
> Is there any file any system running live-boot has, and any other
> system hasn't?
Responding to myself: /usr/share/doc/live-boot/copyright will contain
copyright info on any system where live-boot is installed, as per
Debian Policy 2.3 (Copyright considerations).
=> adapted and reformatted patch, pushed to debian-next (commit add39bd).
| GnuPG key @ https://gaffer.ptitcanardnoir.org/intrigeri/intrigeri.asc
| OTR fingerprint @ https://gaffer.ptitcanardnoir.org/intrigeri/otr.asc
| Do not be trapped by the need to achieve anything.
| This way, you achieve everything.