Re: Repost: Working patch to boot an iso image file from Gujin signature (ia32)

On 06/09/2011 01:26 PM, Etienne Lorrain wrote:
but first of all, rather than fetching gujin from the sf page, it
should come from a debian package.
any plans to upload a gujin package to debian?

I did everything I could to simplify the job of someone else adding
that package to the official repository, you even have a .deb package
in sourceforge, but I cannot commit the time to learn how to do that.

let me reaffirm that the more bootloaders debian-live supports, the more choice users have, the better. therefore, adding support for other bootloaders is always welcome.

however, there's no point in adding support for guijin in live-boot and live-build if gujin is not part of debian in the first place. therefore, we first need to get gujin into debian.

while i can offer to sponsor the package for you, i personally do not have interests in gujin as a bootloader myself, apart from it's support within debian-live. i, personally, use syslinux/extlinux, am happy with it and don't want to switch (or rather, don't see any reason what gujin would offer me over syslinux/extlinux that i would use myself).

so, again, i can sponsor it, but don't want to be responsible for it's maintenance in debian. if you want to do that, that is great and then please prepare a debian source package (dsc, debian.tar.gz, orig.tar,gz) for review. if you don't want to maintain it yourself, you should write a RFP bug against wnpp (see [0] for more information about that; stating that you're upstream yourself will certainly help too) and maybe you're lucky and get someones interest in it.

Regards,
Daniel

[0] look for RFP at http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/

--
Address:        Daniel Baumann, Donnerbuehlweg 3, CH-3012 Bern
Email:          daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net