The Status page of Debian-Live is cryptic

Hi all,
 First up, please CC me if somebody replies to this post/thread  as
well as the earlier mail. I am/was interested to see if any progress
has been made in debian-live. The last time I had checked was few
months ago.

I found the Status page of Debian-Live cryptic . It shows something like this :-

live-build 3.x

building squeeze images requires backport of syslinux-themes-debian,
otherwise works.

building wheezy images works.

building sid images is broken because of fucked up 2.6.39 kernel
packages, see #627837 (Workaround).

live-build 2.x

building lenny and squeeze images works.

building wheezy and newer is not supported in 2.x.

live-build 1.x

building lenny images works.

building etch images requires updated default mirror selections (for
archive.debian.org), otherwise works.

building squeeze and newer is not supported in 1.x.

</quote>

It is cryptic both for uninformed casual user as well as a casual
debian user, except for the hardened/enthusiast debian-user wouldn't
know how to make sense of it. While I cannot imagine all the user
stories or test-cases couple of the most common ones come to mind :-

a. I want to use a live-CD to check out Debian, which one should I use ?
b. I want to use the Live-CD as a rescue CD, which one should I go for ?

Now, apparently or shallowy , it seems the answers to both the
questions may be/might be live-build2.x . If my assumption is correct,
then why isn't it given as a recommendation for a new user .

Something which is/can be regarded as a stable thing and would have
support for the forseeable future and comparitively has new releases
in software would probably be liked/used by people more.

The 3.x on the other-hand you could recommend for enthusiasts, power
users etc. Probably an in-progress or some such kinda tag would let
people know that perhaps it not ready for the limelight so will be
that much cautious.

Lastly, the workaround given as the link
http://lists.debian.org/debian-live/2011/05/msg00144.html should
either have preceeded or have instructions before, during or after
downloading the live-build how to add that repo. because without a
functioning stable kernel (with aufs) things cannot go far.

Looking forward for information.
--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल