Re: --packages-list debian-science problems

On 16/03/11 01:49 AM, carolus wrote:
> Rather than try with the whole 3.1 GB debian-science package, I tried
> the following to see if it would create a working system:
>
> http://live-build.debian.net/build/20110315.164918.390815150/
>
> LB_BINARY_IMAGES="iso-hybrid"
> LB_DISTRIBUTION="squeeze"
> LB_PACKAGES_LISTS="standard"
> LB_TASKS="desktop laptop"
> LB_PACKAGES=""
>
> It built an .iso, but the .iso just booted to a blank screen, so it
> looks like you can't build a working system with tasks alone.

You have to specify which desktop, e.g. gnome-desktop or lxde-desktop,
as live-build does specific configuration tasks for each, e.g. autologin.

> Perhaps the web-frontend page should allow text entry for
> --packages-lists, like it does for --tasks and --packages, instead of a
> drop-down menu like it does for --binary-images and --distribution where
> the options are mutually exclusive.

I don't know. Unlike tasks and packages, the lists are very few in
number, and useful permutations are unlikely and small. It would be
better to have separate debian-science-gnome (-lxde, -kde, -xfce) lists
that just include debian-science + each of these desktops.

Ben