Re: Project for GSoC (and other summer internship programs)

On 02/23/2011 01:57 AM, intrigeri wrote:
> We realized a bit too late it was a bit rude to submit this project
> without even mentioning it on any Debian Live communication channel.

don't worry :)

> In case anyone undertakes this project, I would be her primary mentor
> (at least one other T(A)ILS developer has volunteered to be a backup
> mentor).

having been gsoc mentor myself multiple times in the past, i'd be
willing to act as co-mentor for any of the proposed projects.

unrelated to that: past experience (and past practise) was that the
student directly commits to the upstream vcs (in this case, in his own
branch on live.debian.net/git/live-boot.git). i think it's the best way
to do things together as closely as possible, and to make the most out
of the summer project. also, this gains automatic support for things
like package and image snapshots build with the students branch etc.

Email:          daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net
Internet:       http://people.progress-technologies.net/~daniel-baumann/