Re: Why are the Squeeze images so much larger?

I have seen other distros use a script to install OpenOffice postinstall saving about 300 mb on the CD; the idea being that the user mostly needs or wants to see if the distro works with the hardware and is to the users liking, not using it for long.
                                Regards, Jeff

On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 9:28 AM, Daniel Baumann <daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net> wrote:
On 02/08/2011 04:32 PM, Phil Calvert wrote:
> Indeed, that is the solution, and it is simpler than I expected. I just built a Squeeze LXDE hybrid ISO, and the size is 462M. The prebuilt LXDE image is 750M, and I was not expecting to see such a large difference.

having automatical installation of recommended packages enabled or not
makes a huge difference.

--
Address:        Daniel Baumann, Burgunderstrasse 3, CH-4562 Biberist
Email:          daniel.baumann@panthera-systems.net