Re: adding the default user to another group fails (solved)

Hi there,

happy news, I found the 'bug', my bad:

On Fri, Feb 04, 2011 at 03:04:06PM +0100, Andreas B. Mundt wrote:
[...]
> I fixed that, however, it still doesn't work. I use
>
> andi@flashgordon:~/devel/debian-live$ cat config/chroot_local-preseed/preseed.cfg
> user-setup passwd/user-default-groups audio cdrom dialout dip floppy video plugdev netdev powerdev scanner bluetooth

[...]

After consulting the man page of debconf-set-selections [1], I
realized that I removed the third argument 'string', which tells
debconf the type of the question/data to be added to the data base.
I took 'string' for another group I did not use. Adding 'string' back
to the debconf preseed-line:

andi@flashgordon:~/devel/debian-live$ cat config/chroot_local-preseed/preseed.cfg
user-setup passwd/user-default-groups string audio cdrom dialout dip floppy video plugdev netdev powerdev scanner bluetooth

fixed the problem and anything works as expected now.

Many thanks,

     Andi

[1] from 'man debconf-set-selections':

DATA FORMAT
       The data is a series of lines. Lines beginning with a #
       character are comments. Blank lines are ignored. All other
       lines set the value of one question, and should contain four
       values, each separated by one character of whitespace. The
       first value is the name of the package that owns the
       question. The second is the name of the question,

===>   the third value is the type of this question,

       and the fourth value (through the end of the line) is the value
       to use for the answer of the question.