Re: configuring proprietary drivers at boot time

Hi Nicola,

what you are looking for is exactly what we achieved for lernstick (see
http://www.imedias.ch/lernstick/lernstick_en). Our system is Debian-based.

We created custom packages for the proprietary drivers (lernstick-ati-drivers
and lernstick-nvidia-drivers). They contain all generations of NVIDIA drivers
and the latest fglrx driver. In addition to that we created a package
lernstick-initscripts-squeeze that contains a script for GPU detection and
system setup. The package repository is here:
http://www.imedias.ch/dateien/lernstick/debian6-imedias/

Its good to know that there are other people interested in the same subject.
Maybe its time to contact the nvidia and fglrx package maintainers. A while
ago someone told me that because this stuff is live-specific and all about
non-free nobody would be interested, but maybe that changes now...

--
Ronny Standtke                 Fachhochschule Nordwestschweiz
Dozent Medienpädagogik / ICT   Pädagogische Hochschule