Re: Problems with debian installer

2010/12/28 Daniel Baumann <daniel@debian.org>:
> On 12/28/2010 06:17 PM, Jose Luis Zabalza wrote:
>> I make a usb stick following  chapter "4.3. Preparing Files for USB
>> Memory Stick Booting"  of debian installation guide.
>
> that procedure as outlined in the debian-installer manual is for
> debian-installer only.
>
> for debian-live (with or without included debian-installer), you just
> use the usb-hdd images that we provide. no need for manual work.
>
>> In my ignorance, is there another way to make a bootable usb stick
>> with debian-live-squeeze-i386-standard.iso ?
>
> as said, use either the usb-hdd images, or, if you have an iso-hybrid
> one, you can write it directly to the stick. no need for manual work.

I am sorry. In manual it's very clear.

==============<cut>======================
4.2 First steps: building an ISO image

The following sequence of live-build commands will create a basic ISO
hybrid image containing just the Debian standard system without X.org.
It is suitable for burning to CD or DVD media, and also to copy onto a
USB stick (as per Copying USB/HDD image to a USB stick, specifying
".iso" extension where ".img" is indicated).

If I can do so, why keep usb-hdd and iso images? What is the
difference between the two images?

Note: ISO image on USB stick run successfully.

Thanks for your answer.

--
José Luis Zabalza
jlz.3008  a t  gmail.com