Re: Live installer

On 07/23/2010 02:55 AM, teza wrote:
> I hit the Debian installer icon, no response, doesn't work.

we know that the desktop file doesn't work in all desktop environments
yet (because they apparently use mutual exclusive and conflicting formats).

as a workaround for that, you can open a terminal and type:

  sudo live-installer-launcher

this is equivalent to starting live-installer by clicking on the icon.

also note that what we've written in the announcement: live-installer
could be broken entirely for your machine, if so, there's not much we
can do, and you just have to wait until we have a matching
debian-installer release to the kernel version in squeeze.