Re: omg : man lb_config :)

On 11/01/2010 07:09 AM, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> I failed to find anything there or in the changelog, but:
>
>   man git config
>   man xml2 config # Yeah, there's no such command
>
> work just fine here (Squeeze). On Lenny they show two separate man
> pages.
>
> However:
>
>   man x window manager
>
> shows the man page for "X".
>
> This only works if the separator is a '-'. Thus to actually make 'man lb
> config' work, there needs to be a man page for 'lb-config'. I guess this
> may be non-intuitive with the current documentation.

An undocumented feature at best, and therefore not something I would
want to rely on! At worst, it is terribly confusing for users, as the
doc indicates this should not work. If it appears to work some of the
time, and yet fails other times and offers no documentation to explain
the difference, then it sets up a dangerous expectation in users' minds
that it *should* work reliably, and when it fails, will cause
frustration and/or spurious bug reports.

Either way, it is a bug in man.

Ben