Problems with avahi-daemon

Hi!
My problem is building a usb image with live-build in
Squeeze. I used the minimal package list and added gnome
and some other (mostly gnome) programs. But after the
build process, avahi-daemon cannot be installed correctly,
and the most gnome packages get removed again. The message
is "All runlevel operations denied by policy". avahi-daemon
is necessary, because many gnome programs depend on it.
What can I do?
--
gpg-id: D31AAEEA
http://www.setho.org/people