Re: adduser hook

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your help. I will look into live-config.hooks later on cause now I was successful in adding the live user to the group 'lego' by modifying the adduser.conf and putting it in the chroot_local-includes.

I will soon release version 1 of this live cd. Version 2 will be designed in a different way, based on what I was told from this mailing list in much more detail.

Thanks again for your time and help.

On 1 September 2010 21:37, Richard Nelson <unixabg@gmail.com> wrote:
Greetings,

On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 9:54 AM, Robert Spiteri <rspiteri01@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I probably was not clear enough, I offered that example to show you
>>> the power of hooks and you can make a hook to be called during boot
>>> with the param live-config.hooks=  , and have the hook do the work of
>>> adding to the group or whatever you wish. The hook can be in the image
>>> or on the net.
>
> Ok thanks Richard cause I thought that the passwd hook did the trick.
> Now I get your point, cheers.

Ok, please report back your success or if you need more assistance.

I believe that the live-config.hooks is an amazing, powerful, and agile tool.

Thanks.

--
Robert
http://www.weavefx.com