Re: adduser hook

Greetings,

On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 4:01 AM, Robert Spiteri <rspiteri01@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> See http://live.debian.net/other/hooks/ for examples, namely
>>> http://live.debian.net/other/hooks/passwd
>
> Cheers Richard.
>
> But I cannot understand how the passwd hook will put the user domabot in the
> lego group?
>
> I was thinking of inserting the adduser.conf in etc of chroot_local-includes
> and enabled the EXTRA_GROUPS option. Then I add the new group "lego" as an
> extra group. In this way, when the user is created, one of its default
> groups will be "lego" as well. What do you think of this? Does it make
> sense?

I probably was not clear enough, I offered that example to show you
the power of hooks and you can make a hook to be called during boot
with the param live-config.hooks=  , and have the hook do the work of
adding to the group or whatever you wish. The hook can be in the image
or on the net.

> Thanks for your time.

Welcome and hope this helps better explain.