Re: adduser hook
- To: Robert Spiteri <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: adduser hook
- From: Richard Nelson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 09:40:49 -0500
- Message-id: <AANLkTi=uGcqy1H54uEPmCyez+2743qcZ++VGXZGiB8st@mail.gmail.com>
- In-reply-to: <AANLkTin=FCy9b9by5kc00rYAYA5bwX++50mvqNEfuwemail@example.com>
- References: <AANLkTi=mxwMttv1GTv-oeoQcf9m8pcH6RYchrW+N5Lgb@mail.gmail.com> <AANLkTimu+deciZvLk=CEhfjsNSr3qT25WoTuTctbCcmO@mail.gmail.com> <AANLkTin=FCy9b9by5kc00rYAYA5bwX++50mvqNEfuwfirstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 4:01 AM, Robert Spiteri <email@example.com> wrote:
>>> See http://live.debian.net/other/hooks/ for examples, namely
> Cheers Richard.
> But I cannot understand how the passwd hook will put the user domabot in the
> lego group?
> I was thinking of inserting the adduser.conf in etc of chroot_local-includes
> and enabled the EXTRA_GROUPS option. Then I add the new group "lego" as an
> extra group. In this way, when the user is created, one of its default
> groups will be "lego" as well. What do you think of this? Does it make
I probably was not clear enough, I offered that example to show you
the power of hooks and you can make a hook to be called during boot
with the param live-config.hooks= , and have the hook do the work of
adding to the group or whatever you wish. The hook can be in the image
or on the net.
> Thanks for your time.
Welcome and hope this helps better explain.
> On 1 September 2010 03:33, Richard Nelson <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 2:50 PM, Robert Spiteri <email@example.com>
>> > By default I assigned the name of the live user as domabot.
>> > I already made a hook that adds a group named 'lego'.
>> > Now I need to find a way to add user domabot to group 'lego'. I cannot
>> > use
>> > adduser domabot lego since it is telling me that user 'domabot' does not
>> > exist.
>> Try live-config.hooks= boot param.
>> See http://live.debian.net/other/hooks/ for examples, namely
>> You can include something local or on the network.
>> > --
>> > Robert
>> > http://www.weavefx.com