Re: adduser hook

>> See http://live.debian.net/other/hooks/ for examples, namely
>> http://live.debian.net/other/hooks/passwd

Cheers Richard.

But I cannot understand how the passwd hook will put the user domabot in the lego group?

I was thinking of inserting the adduser.conf in etc of chroot_local-includes and enabled the EXTRA_GROUPS option. Then I add the new group "lego" as an extra group. In this way, when the user is created, one of its default groups will be "lego" as well. What do you think of this? Does it make sense?

Thanks for your time.

On 1 September 2010 03:33, Richard Nelson <unixabg@gmail.com> wrote:
Greetings,

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 2:50 PM, Robert Spiteri <rspiteri01@gmail.com> wrote:
> By default I assigned the name of the live user as domabot.
>
> I already made a hook that adds a group named 'lego'.
>
> Now I need to find a way to add user domabot to group 'lego'. I cannot use
> adduser domabot lego since it is telling me that user 'domabot' does not
> exist.

Try live-config.hooks=  boot param.

See http://live.debian.net/other/hooks/ for examples, namely
http://live.debian.net/other/hooks/passwd

You can include something local or on the network.

--
Robert
http://www.weavefx.com