Re: Gnome logout dialog window issue

On 07/22/2010 07:52 AM, Mgr. Janusz Chmiel wrote:
And somebody, who loves security standards in Debian Gnome live CD disabled me to kill gdm by using killall GDM, this is very probably because Alpha 2 of Debian Squeeze is a little closer to The beta and official release. Because killall gdm command can not be used also in The newest Debian Leny live Gnome.

This one is almost certainly because in Squeeze we use gdm3 now, not gdm.  I don't know about the other issues.  Also, the normal way to shut down a daemon is:

/etc/init.d/gdm3 stop

Ben