Re: Gnome logout dialog window issue

On 07/22/2010 12:52 PM, Mgr. Janusz Chmiel wrote:
> The logout and login dialog window is not working
> so smoothly for visually impaired users like in The release Alpha 1

please take this up with the gdm3 maintainers, if their default
configuration changed, then it's them who need to adjust it. we're
simply a user of that package.

> kill gdm by using killall GDM

this one is already answered by Ben, so i refere to his answer.

> i could even be logged as a root user or a live user.

i'll check on root login later, off hand i'd say that this was always
disabled, but i could very well be wrong. (of course, assumed that you
have set a root password; what i'm speaking about is the norootlogin
option of gdm).

Regards,
Daniel