Few questions.

Hello to the list,

I just started using the live helper, I've browsed the wiki and the list
archives but still couple of questions remains:

1) what is the option for having the less booting output as
possible?(splash=silent?)

2) I replaced gdm with slim as DM, without customization slim starts as
normal but I can't login of course because my user does not have a
password, so I set it for autologin = yes and default_user=myuser but then
it does not start at all and there is no output errors neither logs, no
lock or pid created in /var/run, nothing only init output "starting Slim",
if I start it manually as root it just start, anybody have a clue how do I
fix this?

3) how do I remove Install from the syslinux menu, I'd just like to have
live(&failsafe), rescue and memtest86+

thanks a lot.
fruity