Re: Bogus samhain email alerts with rescue package list

On 2010-04-04 Daniel Baumann wrote:
> > I'm not sure it's related, but I just tried to build a KDE 4.4.2 rc0
> > which failed when trying to remove /var/state/samhain.
>
> should be fixed now, the initial test didn't cover when samhain is not
> actually installed. thanks for spotting it by running git head ;)
Can you release that, so that I can get the updated live-helper with aptitude (I'm using sid-
snapshots) ? Another way, which doesn't involve compiling from source is fine too.

> nothing changed, for every repository that is signed with another key
> than what is available in debian-archive-keyring, you need to include
> the key through the chroot_sources mechanism.
Ah ok, I thought that including the .deb would do it. Time to figure that out, thanks.

> > - Is it possible to specify the repository (experimental-snapshots in
> > this case) with the package lists? Like what you do with "aptitude -t
> > experimental-snapshots install x"
>
> not exactely, but you can use custom pinning through
> chroot_apt/preferences, see man apt_preferences.
I think I know how to do that, time to try it.

Thanks for the quick response/help, as usual :-)

Diederik