Re: Live CD display issues

dave boland wrote:
> I looked at the parameters file and the manpage, tried different
> resolutions, but no change in the results.  Tried to request the vesa
> driver, but no change as well.

if you've tried xdriver=vesa and it did not work, then it's not a live
specific problem, but an 'upstream' one with xorg and you need to take
it up with the debian xorg maintainers. nothing we can do about it here,

> My understanding was that all video cards support at least 800x600 with a
> generic driver.

in theory yes. however, in the real world, with the infinity of possible
hardware combinations for i386/amd64 architectures, you'll always find
some combinations that, apparently, don't live up to the theory of an
ideal world