Re: Live CD display issues

David,

Thanks for the response.  I used the vesa option (safe option) on the
live cd, and the results were the same - a totally dark monitor.

How do I get to the root terminal.  X starts automatically unless there
is a cheat code I didn't find.  Once X starts, the screen goes black, so
there is no opportunity to use a console window.

May I make a suggestion to the Debian-live community?  Add an option to
do just hardware probing and report it in a text format, with an
opportunity to tweak it.  The reason for the suggestion is that my guess
is that the installer is either not detecting the video hardware
correctly, or not setting it correctly.  This would give the user an
opportunity to correct the situation.  Just a thought.

Dave,