Re: rapid-live 1.3.0-beta asterisk and asterisk-gui

On Tue, Jun 02, 2009 at 08:49:37PM +0200, Daniel Baumann wrote:
> Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> > I've just uploaded a beta of a newer version of our (Xorcom)'s live CD.
>
> nice!
>
> > * Asterisk 1.6.1.0, dahdi-{linux,tools} - backport from Unstable.
> > * dahdi-firmware and dahdi-modules, which will hopefully get there soon
>
> ...dahdi, another module source whose binary modules should be prebuilt
> through linux-modules-extra-2.6!

(The worst part: another kernel module that lives outside of mainline
and has no intentions of going in. We're trying to make that happen, but
no chance for a change for now) As for linux-modules-extra-2.6 - it
currently fails to build with Sid's kernel due to one extra module
Debian adds. This is the next thing I need to take care of.

> > * ajaxterm (well, it works. Perhaps one day I should spend some time on
> >   packaging anyterm)
>
> i'd love to sponsor anyterm. also, unrelated to debian-live, feel free
> to ask me if you need a sponsor for you other, in debian missing packages.
>
> > * A text-based console menu (using pdmenu) on consoles 1, 5 and 6.
>
> investigating your config/ would be indeed very interesting.

That's mostly in the package rapid-scripts, that has this and more:
http://updates.xorcom.com/rapid/pool/main/r/rapid-scripts/

There's a small hook script that runs:

#!/bin/sh

/usr/share/rapid-scripts/console-menus on

# tell debconf we want it.
echo "rapid-scripts   rapid-scripts/console-menus     boolean true" \
| debconf-set-selections

I guess I should just use preseeding, but I forgot why I moved that from
preseeding to a hook script and there were other things to work on.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen@xorcom.com