Re: usb sticks

Tom Deblauwe wrote:
> If I copy the binary.img image to different types of sticks(512MB, 1GB,
> 2GB,...)

since the images produced by live-helper are not images of a partition,
but rather the device (including mbr and partition table), it doesn't
matter at all which size the sticks are, as long as the image fits on them.

> and different brands, using "dd", will there ever be a problem
> with sector sizes or something like that?

there are in fact some old usb sticks arround which do not use the hdd
sector formats, and which would not work when a hdd formated image is
dumped on them, but already five years ago it was very hard to find such
non-conforming usb sticks. today, i think they are not existing at all
anymore. maybe on a backyard on taiwans electronic-market, but
definitely not any sort of brand product.