Re: How do I enable X autologin without using a display manager?

On Friday 27 March 2009 09:34:44 Iwan Setiawan wrote:

> Put startx in .xinitrc, and include it in chroot_local-includes/~?

Thanks to varadarajan narayanan for making me notice that my first reply has
gone nowhere & not complete :D

Actually I have used 3 files to do the autologin without display manager, but
I still use desktop environment:

- /etc/inittab and .bash_profile like varadarajan stated

- also .xinitrc which I said earlier. It contains:

/usr/bin/qiv -zr /usr/share/dir/images/
sudo /usr/bin/app &
wait
startlxde

This script, as you all know, run qiv to display wallpaper randomly, app to
generate something, and start the LXDE.

Ok. In case anybody was wondering why i replied with .xinitrc right away :)

--
There is a word for that and that word is "crap".

	- Alexander Viro on linux-kernel