Simple Qt GUI which use debian Live
I wait lenny before talk about this. Great work about this BTW.
After a lot of internal initial developpers team fight, I finally work
on my side with some people on this :
It's a Qt4 GUI which use lh-* scripts to build lives...
Yes it's on launchpad (cause I work with some ubunteros), yes it's
bugged (based on an old live-helper version) and no I'm not very active
(for the moment). But why let this project unknown ? So I share this
with you, just try it, it's very easy : bzr branch lp:live-creator && cd
live-creator && sudo ./livecreator.py
You will need at least python-qt4, python-apt and some other standard
stuff (optionnaly qemu). No package, no documentation for the moment...
Any help is welcome, team is looking for members. I know that we have a
specific template save, which is not Debian-Live compatible, what are
you thinking about it ?
The long shoot things to do are :
* Migrate to pycentral (for packaging)
* Finish i18n
* Correct bugs and delete old bad stuff
* Provide a documentation
* Provide a package
* Review the saves
The cool stuff about it are :
* create a livecd in 4 click (usb in 5 if I right remember)
* add a package searching it in a "synaptic-like" view
* save template with commentary, package selections, options...
* bootsplash only choosing a picture (any filetype)
* set the dhcp or static IP at boot, keyboard layout, language...
* test the live in an embedded qemu
Bad stuff not changeable for the moment :
* problem if you use it on ubuntu
* Obliged to use root ID
* unable to use debian-live saves
* code is... terrible bad (please don't go watch sources ;)
* ... And a lot of other things !
Thanks to testers :)
Erwan Le Gall / _r1_