Re: editing conf files

On Thu, 08 Jan 2009 11:28:28 +0100
schoappied <schoappied@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a file called apt.conf in
> debianlive/config/chroot_local-includes/etc/apt
>
> With a line to make testing the default release: APT::Default-Release
> "testing";
> Which makes me able to use testing and unstable repo's (I use debian
> like that every day with success).

chroot includes are processed after apt is configured and after
packages are installed, so I don't think we can do that.

> But when I build the live-cd it installs a lot of unstable packages,
> which shouldn't be happened...
>
> How can I solve it?

perhaps we need to patch /usr/bin/lh_chroot_apt, adding:

 echo "APT::Default-Release \"${LH_DISTRIBUTION}\";" > chroot/etc/apt/apt.conf.d/00default-release

But this will add "lenny", not "testing".  After Lenny releases, the
live image will be a mix of stable + unstable instead of testing +
unstable as you intended.  I don't know how to solve this, as
live-helper expects LH_DISTRIBUTION to be the CODENAME of a release,
not stable/testing/unstable.

Ben