Re: gnome-orca

On Tue, Jan 06, 2009 at 02:39:34PM -0400, E.J. Zufelt wrote:
> Good afternoon,
>
> It would probably be best practice to pull in gnome-accessibility if it
> fits onto the CD.

When gnome-accessibility is included, the image still has no problem
to fit within the 650 MB of a CD.

$ ls -l binary.iso
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 618301440  6 jan 20.08 binary.iso

So, you live-helper developers, will you include gnome-accessibility
in the "gnome" package-list of live-helper?

> I am glad to hear that it might be possible to get Orca onto the Live CD.

In addition, I think you should also try to get the
gnome-desktop-environment maintainers set it to *depend* rather than
*recommend* gnome-accessibility. The purpose of meta-packages like
gnome-desktop-environment are to help those without motivation or
skills to decide on exactly what to install. Others can, if they are
so inclined, deinstall gnome-desktop-enviroment and manually install
those packages that gnome-desktop-environment depends on that they
want. Those user can still benefit of gnome-desktop-environment to get
at suggestion of packages to start from.

--
Hans Ekbrand (http://sociologi.cjb.net) <hans@sociologi.cjb.net>
Q. Why is top posting bad?