Re: gnome-orca

On Tue, Jan 06, 2009 at 08:33:07AM -0400, E.J. Zufelt wrote:
> Good morning,
>
> I will try to create my own accessible Live CD, I appreciate the directions
> that you provided.

I did create an image just to test that my directions was correct. If
you want to test that image before you build one your-self, try this
image

http://sociologi.cjb.net/temp/binary.iso

> If the project is successful I do think that it would be nice to include
> gnome-orca on the official debian live CD.  Unless there is a really good
> reason against it, I think that accessibility options should be standard on
> an operating system release.  Currently Windows XP and Vista ship with
> Narrator, OS X Tiger and Leopard ship with Voiceover and Ubuntu and
> OpenSolaris ship with Orca to name a few).

Sure, but debian-live honors a principle of being plain debian, i.e
"no patches", which means that including orca or not is up to the
maintainer of gnome in debian, not of the debian-live people. Write to
the debian maintainer of gnome instead of arguing on this list.

--
Hans Ekbrand (http://sociologi.cjb.net) <hans@sociologi.cjb.net>
Q. What is that strange attachment in this mail?