Re: Boot fails with "Can not mount .. /live/image/live/filesystem.squashfs on //filesystem.squashfs"

On Thu, Jan 01, 2009 at 04:12:04PM EST, Chris Lamb wrote:
> Chris Jones wrote:
>
> > I have a feeling that this means that my binary.iso does not have
> > support for squashfs filesystems enabled.
>
> What makes you think this? Please provide more details.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I'm using the host machine's custom
kernel for my build. That's why I figured it needed to have squashfs and
probably some form or unionfs or other enabled.

> > I have installed the squashfs-modules-2.6.24 .. and squashfs-tools
> > packages on my host system but I'm not sure what I need to do to ensure
> > lh-build finds them.
>
> What is on your build system is entirely irrelevant from the view of
> live-helper; this was a deliberate design choice to prevent this kind of
> problem. (In addition, Debian Live is designed to work without a patched
> kernel.)

It's not patched.

Just has a few options I need that I enabled via make menuconfig.

> Please paste your configuration so we can move forward. In an attempt to be
> psychic, unless you are attempting to build etch then your mirror must be
> out of date to be giving you that kernel version.

Yes, this is an etch system.