Re: documentation

On Sunday 31 August 2008 16:04:10 MA & HB wrote:
> > np  I still would like to finish the wiki page that I started long ago.
> > The
> > one that makes a short description of what each lh_(something) script
> > does and the stage files it requires and creates.  I've not been in a
> > position to
> > be able to do this in a long time, but that seems to be changing.  This
> > is
>
> Has anyone thought of doing a matrix (webpage) that shows the hierarchy of
> all the lh_* files with links to the man page entries, maybe a short
> synopsis of what each lh does and a list of LH_* parameters in the script?

I started this here:  http://wiki.debian.org/DebianLive/HelperTree
a little over a year ago.  I haven't been able to get back to finishing it up
yet.  While there are manpages for the lh_* scripts, there aren't any for the
lh_*_* scripts.  I was making a really short synopsis of what the script
does, and listing the required stage files, and also the stage files that are
generated for each script.  The LH_* variables aren't mentioned, however.

> I'd volunteer if people thought it was useful .. it would certainly help
> me understand how it all fits together.
I've been told that this work would be better done in the live-manual.  I
didn't like using the wiki for that anyway.

I've just cloned it from git, and I'm trying to familiarize myself with git at
the moment.  I'm also wondering a bit about docbook.  I don't know what the
best way to edit docbook xml is.  I've used xemacs before, but didn't care
too much for it (at least with docbook, I use it for nearly everything else).
I think I was using quanta, when I was doing the docbook docs for
dosbox-pykde, but I really can't remember anymore.

--
Thanks:
Joseph Rawson