Re: unexpected changes - live-bottom/13swap running by default

Joseph Rawson wrote:
> The  one that makes a short description of what each lh_(something) script does
> and the stage files it requires and creates.  I've not been in a position to
> be able to do this in a long time, but that seems to be changing.  This is
> also something that should probably go into the live-manual that you mention
> below.

that specific think is probably better suited into the manpages directly
(and the manpages can be included automatically into the manuals
appendix as well).

> I have to prepare
> for a hurricane today, and that's going to take up a lot of time, since
> there's a lot of stuff scattered around.

sorry to hear. good luck with that!

> As a compromise, I think that creating an fstab with the swap partitions
> having the noauto option would be a nice alternative.  This allows the live
> user to type "sudo swapon -a" when he/she needs to.  A swapon.desktop file in
> ~/Desktop would also be nice on desktop flavors.

indeed. that's nice.. will add that, unless anyone comes up with a patch :)

> This is an area I'd be really glad to help out in, as it stands to help me
> make a better installer. :)

someone needs to do the ground work here to make d-i initrd.img working
when beeing loop-mounted etc. feel free to knock yourself out (i've no
time before lenny to work on this :)

> I even tried putting /etc/resolv.conf.orig in the includes, to try and trick
> the lh_(can't remember) script, but that didn't work either.

yeah, i'll come back on that again, later.

Regards,
Daniel