RFC: Roadmap to Lenny, or announcing Lenny Beta 1 RSN

Hi Chris,

> Chris Lamb wrote:
>   1.  I can easily reproduce this with Qemu. Simply waiting about 60 seconds
>       results in the boot menu appearing. I have heard of other workarounds
>       (including setting a high screen resolution) which do not cause the
>       symptoms to appear.

This is causing me a real problem in autotesting. Its why there is an
initial long pause in the autotesting videos.  The only reliable work
around I found was to wait 100 seconds. I tried anything to reliably
eliminate this problem - higher resolutions etc.  If I do not set this
pause qemu will crash the vnc server.
http://git.debian.org/?p=debian-live/autotesting.git;a=blob;f=video-qemu-booting-iso.sh
(Line 123)

Its worth noting that I found webconverger - with its grub menu does
not appear to suffer from this problem. So perhaps the Macbook could
be tested against webconverger ?

BMS