RFC: Roadmap to Lenny, or announcing Lenny Beta 1 RSN

Hi all,

as you probably all know, lenny is frozen and is soon becomming our new
beloved stable release. For Debian Live, I'm propose the following roadmap:

  * Releasing Lenny Live Beta 1, more or less now or tomorrow,
    depending on when we're able to get images finished to sync.

  * Releasing Lenny Live Beta 2, roughly two weeks from now
    (2008-09-14)

  * Releasing Lenny Live RC1, roughly four weeks from now or as soon as
    there is a D-I RC1 after Live Beta 2. If there is no D-I RC1 in four
    weeks, let's see if we even need a Beta 3 release.

In order to produce these releases, an updated version of live-helper
(and live-initramfs, if needed) will be used. Versions to releases would
map like this:

  1.0.0-1 -> Lenny Beta 1
  1.0.1-1 -> Lenny Beta 2
  1.0.2-1 -> Lenny Beta 3 or RC1

I've noted down the things which I had in mind that are left for each
step on http://wiki.debian.org/DebianLive/Lenny/Todo. If I'm missing
something, please directly add it there (or reply to this mail
explaining it if you think it needs to be discussed first).

I've draftet a release announcement ment to be sent to
debian-devel-announce once the images have been synced to
cdimage.debian.org, it is on the wiki at
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianLive/Lenny/Beta1. Please comment on it, add
things you think I've missed, correct spelling mistakes, improve my
certainly limited English skills, in short: Be bold. I've added the
things I felt I like to have mentioned, and I'm certainly missing some
things (right, like live-magic). Note that your additions should be done
fast, so that it could be send tomorrow evening, or wednesday morning at
latest.

Regards,
Daniel

Email:          daniel.baumann at panthera-systems.net