Many problems with live-rw partition

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 11:16:46PM +0200, Marco Amadori wrote:
> Il gioved? 21 agosto 2008 21:12:25 Andreas Bombe ha scritto:
> > I haven't yet followed the flow in the live scripts, but my idea would
> > be to note the existence of live-rw without immediately using it.  Make
> > it part of the root union only at the end.
>
> I was imaging the opposite, taking note of used live-rw in scanning for other
> types of persistences or snapshots, but your idea is good, although for
> snapshot types the live-rw should be already mounted before copying data for
> sure.

I'm not sure about the semantics of combined snapshots and live-rw.  If
live-rw is already mounted and snapshots are restored, they will end up
on live-rw.  However, if the snapshot files are not removed, they will
be restored into live-rw again next boot.  Either that or the snapshots
will be refreshed on shutdown and contain a redundant copy of the data
stored in live-rw.

Does it even make sense to use live-rw and snapshots together?