How to specify the binary.img size ?

David Hautbois wrote:

(Please don't CC me, I am subscribed to the list)

> method 1 (2 partitions) -> better
> w$ only mount the first partition
> So
> sdb1 -> data
> sdb2 -> live

I'm not sure this is possible with syslinux, and might involve chainloading
two syslinux instances. (What is "w$"?)

> method 2 (1big partition)
> restore binary.img (400Mb) to the whole space (8Gb)
> dd creates a partition with the same size of binary.img.

There are at least two ways of doing this:

 * Modify lh_binary_usb-hdd and override ${REAL_DIM} before dd is called to
   be the size of the target disk. The units are in multiples of 1024k. A
   patch that turned this into a real LH_ config variable (which defaulted to
   "autodetected" or something) would be interesting to see.

 * Create the partition, mount the binary.img loopback and copy the contents
   to the partition. Make sure the partition is bootable and lba is off. Then
   run:

      cat /usr/lib/syslinux/mbr.bin > /dev/XXX

   where XXX is the name of the "raw" block device (minus any partition
   numbers).

Regards,

Chris Lamb, UK                                       chris at chris-lamb.co.uk
                                                            GPG: 0x634F9A20