Re: live media scan order

tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> Right. The point I was trying to make is that there is no Right Way to
> scan the media. There might be a sane default (actually "fastest first"
> might be a good sane default), but I see some need for a way to choose
> another at (boot|config) time.

to avoid any further 'misunderstandings': this has always been the case
in debian-live - you can never make it right for all usecases (as some
of them are orthogonal) and *therefore* always (try) to provide a sane
default and offer (almost) any other behaviour as optional boot parameters.

there is neither intention nor reason to do break with that and do it
different this time/this particular thing. so, if anything isn't as it
should be, consider it a bug that should and will get fixed. if you want
to speed it up, patches are as always welcome.

Regards,
Daniel